Mr. Evans's K-2 Art Class

Hello Archway Arete families,

My name is Nate Evans and I am the Kindergarten and First Grade art teacher. I’m looking forward to this upcoming year with our young scholars -- we will be learning about great works of art and creating beautiful artwork together.

This will be my fourth year as a teacher. I began as a middle school English Language Arts teacher, then, in my second year, I taught middle-school art at Arete Prep Academy. Last  year, I moved over to Archway Arete to teach K-1 Studio Art. This school year, I will continue in that role as well as teach 2nd studio art.

My artistic background is in picture books and, over the past 25 years, I’ve illustrated and/or written over 40 children’s books. I love sharing my passion for books and reading with my students.

Every student has the capability of making artwork that is beautiful and unique. In studio art, creative thinking and a sense of wonder is of critical importance. We will also work on the technical skills necessary to create drawings and paintings. Effort, perseverance, and a willingness to make mistakes – all of these qualities will be emphasized and developed in art class. Every student will be encouraged to do their best work and to take pride in their effort and participation.

It’s going to be a wonderful year!

Mr. Evans

Comments

Popular posts from this blog